- RE/MAX founded by Dave and Gail Liniger in 1973 in Colorado, USA.
- RE/MAX named the largest real estate franchise in USA and Canada in 1993.
- RE/MAX established in South Africa by Peter & Val Gilmour in 1995.
- Peter Gilmour named RE/MAX International Regional Director of the year in 1997.
- RE/MAX of Southern Africa named RE/MAX International “Region of the Year” in 2001.
RE/MAX of Southern Africa named top Real Estate Franchise in South Africa by a 2001 survey by
Finansies en Tegniek (Finance Week).
RE/MAX of Southern Africa named as the “Franchisor of the Year” in the all industries category
by FASA in 2003. This was the first time this top honour was given to a real estate company.
RE/MAX of Southern Africa voted as a number one Real Estate Franchise in an annual survey
conducted by Finance Week in 2004.
- RE/MAX of Southern Africa was a finalist in the category “Brand Builder of the Year” by FASA in 2004.
RE/MAX of Southern Africa voted as No.1 Real Estate Company in the “Top 500 Companies” in
South Africa publication 2008 - 2010.
- Adrian Goslett CEO awarded “Mover and Shaker” Award at the Annual Property Professional Awards in 2010.
- RE/MAX of Southern Africa named the largest Real Estate Franchise by Fin Week in 2011.
- RE/MAX of Southern Africa named RE/MAX International “Region of the Year” in 2012.
- As at 1 January 2015 RE/MAX of Southern Africa concludes empowerment deal and change of ownership.