HOW TO SHOW YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY SOME LOVE
If the worsening load-shedding schedules and rising interest rates are leaving you feeling negative, why not use the month of February as an opportunity to flip the script and spread some much-needed love and positivity?
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, the RE/MAX of Southern Africa network hosts a national Show Your Love campaign to encourage both their agents and the general public to use the month as a way to focus on serving those around us – even if it is in just some small way.
“One of our mottos is that we don't just work in a community, we live there too. February offers us the perfect reminder to continually work towards uplifting our local communities and the people that live there,” explains Regional Director and CEO of RE/MAX of Southern Africa, Adrian Goslett.
For those who would like to join RE/MAX in their efforts to give back this February, here are a few ideas to help spread some positivity:
- Help a struggling local business by recommending them to friends and family and leave them a positive review online
- Be generous when tipping your waitress, food delivery person, or local car guards
- Start a ‘pay it forward’ movement and anonymously cover the bill for the table next to you at a restaurant or for the person behind you at a check-out queue
- Hand out compliments freely to help make your friends/colleagues/family’s / a stranger’s day a little bit brighter
- Donate to a local neighbourhood watch or give the night watch guard a free coffee
- Clean out your garage and your cupboards and donate any unused items to a shelter or charity shop
- Volunteer some of your time at a local animal shelter or sign up to temporarily foster an animal in need
- Arrange a visit to an old age home and provide some company to those who rarely receive visitors
- Make a financial contribution to the RE/MAX Foundation or any other NPO or community initiative
“We are grateful that many of our offices and associates are involved in various community support initiatives throughout the year. We thank both them as well as their clients who continue to support their efforts, no matter how big or small their contributions may be,” Goslett concludes.